Labels

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Start of Something Special


  Throughout a person's lifetime, there are very special moments that occur. Moments that may seem subtle at the time, but end up having a major impact on the person's life down the road. I personally believe that this is one of those moments. The creation if this blog.


Nintendo Entertainment System

 As a child i've always loved video games. It started as a natural hobby, but then grew into something much larger. I started playing games as long as I can remember. My first home console was the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). It was the first time I was truly exposed to gaming, and from then on, I got hooked.


 

     At the age of 13 I truly took it to the next level. I began following the gaming industry. I would religiously begin to keep up with the newest gaming news. I began learning the names of major Publishing companies, development teams, and influential game designers. I would also begin to watch various E3 press conferences as well as listen to various game related podcasts. I even began to get into various gaming forums. It was at the age of 16 that I realized that I wanted to make gaming a part of my life. But it was until now, that I decided to give journalism a try. I have always been an excellent writer in school. But I am fully aware that there's more to journalism than just your writing skills.

I've created this blog as a starting point for something much grander. The beginning of a career that will change my life forever. So this is just a taste for what's to come. This is only the beginning. As of now you are witnessing something special, something you will be proud to say later on in life. You are witnessing the beginning of a young journalist, a legend in the making. Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now witnessing the start of something special.